Monday, September 1, 2008

Monday Night Basketball

No. I don't play basketball on Monday nights. Obviously, if not me, who else?

Sometimes I do go with him and watch him play. But recently, I realized, it was his thing. I mean, I can watch if it was a real game and not just some practice that he does weekly and bond with his friends. I mean, he has got to do his own thing.

Hubby is an introvert and doesn't mind having friends within the number of his fingers. For a long time, before we got married, I had encouraged him to reach out with his friends and build his relationship.

Now, he has. I am so proud of my little (big) boy.

The thing about Monday night basketball (not to mention us working in the same office) is that I hitch a ride with him because I am too lazy to commute home. If I could drive, I don't think he'd mind if I bring the car and he ends up commuting home. The thing is, I still don't know how to drive.

So, in effect, his Monday night basketball ends up to be my Monday night watching basketball practice.

Tonight is an exception because it's my uncle's birthday. He ate and run, whereas I chose to stay. At least for an hour and a half to chat with relatives. After all, it has been awhile since I last saw them.

Getting home ahead of hubby is new to me and I'm starting to think it's necessary. Working in the same office and living in the same home do not give much needed alone time.

I have to think of doing some things on my own, as well. Aside from blogging, of course. I do have poker nights but it isn't a weekly thing. Besides, it's not exactly a strenuous activity, like an exercise.

I think I should really (re-)join a gym. Or even just go swimming in the mini-pool at the Penthouse.

But as I said earlier... me too lazy.

*sigh*

1 comment:

notsquare said...

hm, gymmimg becomes a good habit after a few weeks. try it again :)